Don’t you know the early flowers should be blooming… and not through many inches of snow?
And to our members,
We hope each springer family is staying warm and toasty in this cold February weather as we look forward to the arrival of spring. We hope to see you all at the award’s banquet coming up in March.
We’ve removed the link for upcoming shows. The AKC website has changed and it would be easier for you to do your own search for the venue you’re looking for.
The photo above is of Zoot enjoying the recent snow. Thank you to Carol Callahan for use of the photo.
Dave and Janee’
I would like to remind everyone about PureDog Talk
At this time there are some wonderful interviews with long time well respected judges who are telling their stories and expressing their views about judging. I’ve found those to be very enlightening and a way to learn about what some judges are thinking as they go about evaluating dogs in the ring, what their history is and what the future holds for them. Our last summer’s specialty judge, Dana Cline, has an interview with Laura Reeves and was chosen 2018 judge of the year. If you’ve ever complained about judges, and I suspect all of us who show dogs have, it lends another perspective. There is so much more on this site. Just about anything you would like to find out regarding dog health and behavior, different breeds from breeder’s perspectives and so much more.
WVESSA 2018 Awards Banquet
Saturday March 10, 2018
Saylor’s Old Country Kitchen
10519 SE Stark
Board Meeting 6:00
- RSVP to Cathy English (Information was sent out by e-mail)
- March 10, Saturday. Annual Awards Banquet at Sayler’s Old Country Kitchen, 10519 SE Stark St, Portland.
- April 14, Saturday. Salem Ale Works, 2315 25th Street SE, Salem. Carol Jansen will reserve.
- June 3, Sunday. Buster’s Barbecue, 11419 SW Pacific Hwy, Tigard. Martha Mullis will reserve.
- July 21, Saturday. Expo Center after Springers show at PKC.
- August: No meeting.
- September: To be decided.
- October: Nominations for officers and board. Date and time to be decided.
- November: Time and date to be decided.
- December: Annual Holiday Party. Time and date to be decided.
- GCH G&J’s Sequioa Spring CGC, earned her CGC at Rose City Cluster. Sequoia is owned by Gary and Jan Sturm.
- Vanity Fair’s OMG (Gigi) at four month’s of age, earned her Novice Trick Dog title. She is owned by Jamie Schommer in Minnesota. She was bred by us, sire Ch. Vanity Fair’s Guilty as Charged, RN, dam Ch. Vanity Fair’s Buttercup
- GCHB Oxbow’s Gold Medal CGC , earned his CGC at the Vancouver KC obedience shows in October. Baker is owned by Dave and Janee’ Kemp.
Submit your brags to Dave and Janee’ Kemp: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you forgot to do so for this issue, we can still add your brag. Send it to us by e-mail exactly as you would like it worded.
Any brag donations should be sent or given to Mindy Perrez: email@example.com
3207 NW Polk Ave
Corvallis, OR 97330