We hope you’re all enjoying the beautiful March weather with your canine buddies.
The 2015 meeting schedule appears below. It is subject to change, but will give you a basic idea of future meetings.
Don’t forget the awards banquet and the upcoming blood draw. See below for details.
Dave and Janee’ Kemp, Editors
Below is a great article on emotions of canines and benefits of positive vs negative training practices.
Also thank you to Larry Schwartz for submitting the link to this article:
This is the meeting schedule for 2015:
March 14-Awards Banquet
Sayler’s Old Country Kitchen
10519 SE Stark
No Board Meeting
Cocktails at 6:30 pm Dinner at 7:00 pm
To sign up contact Cathy English: email@example.com
April 18-At the Agility trial
VCA Mill Plain Animal Hospital
Details to follow as we get closer to the day of the draw.
Our parent club has asked that we submit blood from each of our springers to be held at the University of Missouri blood bank. The blood is used for research and a better understand of genetics in our breed. The springer spaniel blood bank is one of the largest of any breed.
June 20- At the Canby show
July 17- Our Specialty
August 22- Possible Beach Meeting
September- Left open for now
October 17- Halloween Meeting
November 21- to be announced
December 12- Annual Christmas Party
- Larry and Betty Schwartz have a new litter of puppies. Please contact them for information and availability. firstname.lastname@example.orgWe had eight puppies whelped on March 1 and 2. The first puppy came out at 11:20 PM Sunday. By 4:00 AM Monday, nothing more had happened and we left for the emergency vet in Corvallis. An emergency C-section produced the remaining seven puppies. We have seven bitch puppies, one male, three liver and whites, five black and whites. The m, ale is black and white. They are now (3/16/15) two weeks old and their eyes are beginning to open. Mother and puppies are doing fine. The dam is Vanity Fair’s High Crimes, CD, BN, CGC (Zenith). The sire is Virginia Huxley’s INT/AKC GCH URO1 Quesst New World Berkenbar, ASH, RN, BN, WD, CGC, TDI (Aiden). This is an interesting outcrossed breeding. Zenith is half English in her breeding. Aiden is American bred but both parents are from Scotland. So the puppies are 3/4 UK in their breeding.
- One more brag, Zenith’s brother, our Veep (Ch. Vanity Fair’s Malfeasence, CD, BN, ACGC, also a Pet Partners therapy dog) won two majors and his Championship at the two Silver Bay KC shows, February 21 and 22.
- Oxbow’s Sweetheart of the Rodeo (Juliette) was WB/BOW on Friday and Sunday of the Albany cluster from the BBE class. Juliette is loved and handled by the Kemp’s.
- Please submit your brags to Dave and Janee’ Kemp: email@example.com
- Any brag donations should be sent or given to Carol Callahan.
- Southern Oregon Kennel Club, 11/01/14
- Southern Oregon Club, 11/02/14
- Umpqua Kennel Club, 11/13/14
- Upmqua Kennel Club, 11/14/14
- Rogue Valley Kennel Club, 11/15/14
- Rogue Valley Kennel Club, 11/16/14
- Greater Clark County Kennel Club, 12/06/14
- Greater Clark County Kennel Club, 12/07/14
- Ranier Sporting Dog Association, 1/09/15
- Sammamish Kennel Club, 1/10/15
- Puyallup Dog Fanciers, Inc., 1/11/15
- Tualatin Kennel Club, 1/15/14
- Dog Fancier’s Association of Oregon, 1/16/15
- Dog Fancier’s Association of Oregon, 1/17/15
- Tualatin Kennel Club, 1/18/15